Dandelion is having its moment in the sun… And we can reap the many benefits.
This is no garden weed, people. This is a superfood. Very rich in vitamin C, potassium, iron, calcium, zinc, phosphorus, and magnesium the dandelion also has B complex vitamins and is a great source of beta-carotene. Dandelion’s constituents aid in regulating blood pressure, fighting cancer and reducing inflammation.
Whether you drink it as a tea, grow it in your garden or add the leaves to a wonderful green salad, your body will thank you for treating it with this wonderful plant.
Here are four Key Benefits:
1. Great for detox – Whether you are adding the dandelion to your smoothie and/or salad, this luscious green food is great for detoxing. Known to aid in cleansing the liver, purifying the bladder and kidneys. Dandelion also aids in digestion and weight loss.
2. Wonderful for bone health – If you need an extra dose of bone strengthening, dandelion is known to have 103 milligrams of calcium.
3. Purifies Skin – Dandelion can help keep your skin clear as it helps the body get rid of unwanted skin bacteria. The tea can even be used on skin.
4. Immunity booster – Dandelion has many antioxidants that helps the body fight against free radicals and helps the immune system.
If you want to incorporate dandelion into your diet, there are easy ways to do so. Drink it as a tea, add it to your salad, and/or include dandelion into a smoothie. Here is a recipe to get you started.
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks
- 1 cups chopped dandelion greens
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 banana
- A little honey, stevia, or agave to sweeten (optional)