Here’s a soup that is the perfect treat any time of the year that you can make with just a few standard ingredients you probably already have lying around the kitchen. This veggie soup alternative is heavy enough to fill the belly, yet you won’t get the greasy and fatty residue that you see when other soups and stews. Follow the recipe below to try this flavorful soup at home.
What you’ll need
1 red pepper (bell pepper)
1 tbsp of sliced ginger
3 cilantro leaves
1 cup of fresh chickpeas
1 sprig green onion
1 tbsp of coconut oil
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1 tbsp of thyme
3 1/2 cups of water
1/4 cup of almond milk
Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice carrot, onion, red pepper, ginger, green onions, mushrooms, and cilantro.
- Add coconut oil to a sauce pan and bring heat to medium high. Add the diced veggies to the heat and sauté until the onions are clear.
- Add water and almond milk. Bring it to a boil. Add thyme, black pepper and salt to taste. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Drain chickpeas and add them to a blender. Add the contents of the saucepan into the blender. Blend them until smooth.
- Add diced mushrooms and cilantro for garnish.