Summer vacation may have given you a great boost, but how do you keep that level of enthusiasm? Check out these three steps that will help you sustain your happiness and joy throughout the increasing pace of the Fall season.
- Practice Daily Affirmations
An affirmation is essentially a positive thought. We are bombarded with judgmental thoughts, negative imagery, and our own self doubts on a daily basis. Beginning and ending your day with affirmations is a great way to help release negative thought patterns and ground yourself in the present moment.
Our affirmations will be different depending on our needs, but some major themes for this time of year are: balance, grounding, clarity, focus and serenity. So if you’re someone who tends to procrastinate for instance, then your affirmation might be: “I am focused and ready to begin my tasks.” If you are feeling scattered, try repeating to yourself: “I release chaos, I choose balance.” If you find yourself getting stressed easily, go right into a serenity affirmation: “I am calm and at peace in this moment.” The beauty of affirmations is that you can come up with a positive phrase that most resonates with you.
Check out these 4 ways to practice your daily affirmations:
- Sit in a comfortable position with your eyes closed, silently reciting your positive thoughts.
- Write them down on sticky notes and place them in locations around your home or office where you will see them and be reminded to shift your thoughts.
- Recite them out loud in front of a mirror. When we look at ourselves it helps us to see the truth in our proclamations.
- Record them in your journal, repeating each affirmation at least 10 times.
- Incorporate Homeopathy & Essential Oils
Rescue Relief, Bach flower essences, Essential oils… these are all wonderful immune-supportive products that can help clear pathways and blockages in the system. Homeopathy is a safe and effective system of medicine that helps the mind and body heal naturally.
Here are some great remedies & oils to keep around:
- Lavender for relaxation
- Grapefruit for invigoration
- Peppermint for stimulation
- Bach Flower Essence Rescue Remedy formula for stress, tension, anxiety, fear
Essential oils can be added to bath water or diluted in lotions, and carrier oils can be applied to skin or added to diffusers.
- Try a Cleanse
Feeling lethargic or heavy and looking to lighten up your load — literally and metaphysically? Why not set aside a few days and dedicate them to detoxing the body, mind and spirit. When we cleanse, we allow ourselves to release toxins from the body in an effort to feel lighter, younger and full of vitality. There are many ways to cleanse and you have to find the best system for you. A cleanse involves abstaining from certain foods, stimulants, and unhealthy practices.
Ways to help yourself cleanse:
- Cut out foods such as refined sugars, bread, pasta, poultry, red meat, fried foods, coffee, and/or chocolate for a few days. Instead indulge in more healthy “mood” foods such as fruits, leafy greens, salads, whole grains, beans, nuts, and/or seeds.
- Juice it up by adding fresh squeezed juice into your diet. Green juice (celery, kale, parsley, cucumber, apple, lemon, and ginger) is a deeply-cleansing blend that helps purify the liver. If green juice is not your thing, take liquid Chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is essentially plant blood and it helps to regulate your blood sugar, metabolize fats and reduce sugar cravings. Take 1 tbsp of liquid chlorophyll in 6 ounces of water, and squeeze the juice of half a lemon. Drink first thing in the morning.
- Have you ever tried a tech fast? It’s simple. Put down the smartphone or tablet and turn off the ringer. Better yet, just turn off the phone. Allow yourself to be out-of-touch for a bit. Tune the world out so you can tune in. Turn off the tube and pick up a book. Rather than binge on reality TV, visit your library or local bookstore and pick up something that will feed your mind, cleanse your soul, and give your eyes and mind a break from HEV light and stimulation.